At Birmingham City University, we provide a clear pathway for businesses to collaborate with our highly-motivated, skilled student talent. We’ve been at the heart of the city community for 175 years and have a long history of working for the benefit of employers in our region.
We’re a practice-based University, providing education tailored to address skills gaps identified for Internet of Things, industrial data, advanced manufacturing, 3D printing, block chain technologies and artificial intelligence. We design our courses to train our students to look toward the future and help them become the skilled workforce that emerging technologies demand.
A partner of the Greater Birmingham and Solihull Institute of Technology (GBSIoT) and have secured £1.1 million of government funding for investment in brand-new Engineering equipment and facilities. Funding of £808,000 from the Department for Education has supported our development of an Electric Vehicle (EV) Test Rig, an Additive Manufacturing Machine (3D printer) and a material testing-split zone furnace. all industry grade technology that will advance your skills, making you more employable.
The GBSIoT has enabled procurement of new technologies for material testing, electronics prototyping and production and 3D scanning to compliment computer aided design for manufacture.
We have invested over £340 million to enhance our campuses, including £6.5 million towards providing flexible project space, equipment and state-of-the-art labs for our School of Engineering. We have also invested in new technologies for XYZ machines, Electric Vehicle and Internal Combustion Engine test rigs, material testing, electronics production and 3D scanning and printing.
Courses at Birmingham City University
- BEng (Hons) Automotive Engineering Level 6 Bachelors Degree
- BEng (Hons) Electronic Engineering Level 6 Bachelors Degree
- BEng (Hons) Manufacturing Engineering Level 6 Bachelors Degree
- BEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering Level 6 Bachelors Degree
- Control/Technical Support Engineer Level 6 Bachelors Degree
- Electrical/Electronic Technical Support Engineering Level 6 Bachelors Degree
- Embedded Electronic Systems Design and Development Engineering Level 6 Bachelors Degree
- Manufacturing Engineer Level 6 Bachelors Degree
- Product Design/Development Engineering Level 6 Bachelors Degree
To find out more, visit our website