At Birmingham Metropolitan College, we offer over 180 apprenticeships at level 3, 4 and 5 in engineering. Our goal is to ignite rewarding and successful careers for our students, giving them fantastic opportunities to work for established and leading companies locally and nationally.
We work with multinational companies to successfully deliver engineering related apprenticeships within manufacturing, electrical/electronic and automation and control systems.
Our expertise, knowledge and partnerships reflect in our teaching and delivery.
Our apprenticeship programmes all run from our James Watt College campus, which is widely recognised as a centre of excellence in engineering. Students benefit from first-class teaching, cutting-edge facilities and industry- standard equipment.
We also have a designated learning hub at Oxford on the site of a multinational car manufacturing company, where we give apprentices and employers the opportunity to upskill and gain higher qualifications.
The majority of our students study either a Higher National Certificate, or a Foundation degree. We offer several engineering disciplines and provide the tools to progress and gain higher qualifications if desired.
Courses at Birmingham Metropolitan College
- Advanced Manufacturing Engineering BTEC Level 3 Diploma
- Control/Technical Support Engineer Level 6 Bachelors Degree
- Electrical/Electronic Technical Support Engineering Level 6 Bachelors Degree
- Engineering Manufacturing Engineer Level 4 HNC Diploma
- Engineering Technician Foundation Competence Level 2
- Engineering Technician BTEC Level 3 Diploma
- Engineering Technician Level 3 NVQ
- Food and Drink Advanced Engineering Level 5 Foundation Degree
- Foundation Degree Electronic and Control Engineering Level 5 Foundation Degree
- Foundation Degree in Electronics and Communications Level 5 Foundation Degree
- Foundation Degree Manufacturing Engineering Level 5 Foundation Degree
- HNC Diploma in General Engineering Level 4 HNC Diploma
- Manufacturing Engineer Level 6 Bachelors Degree
- Product Design/Development Engineering Level 6 Bachelors Degree
To find out more, visit our website