Quality control and planning engineers plan production schedules, work sequences, and manufacturing and processing procedures to ensure accuracy, quality and reliability.
Common tasks in this job:
- devises inspection, testing and evaluation methods for bought-in materials, components, semi-finished and finished products
- ensures accuracy of machines, jigs, fixtures, gauges and other manufacturing and testing equipment
- prepares work flow charts for individual departments and compiles detailed instructions on processes, work methods and quality and safety standards for workers
- analyses plans, drawings, specifications and safety, quality, accuracy, reliability and contractual requirements
- prepares plan of sequence of operations and completion dates for each phase of production or processing
- oversees effective implementation of adopted processes, schedules and procedures.
What qualifications do I need?
Quality control and planning engineers usually possess an accredited university degree. After qualifying, periods of appropriate training and experience are required before membership of a chartered engineering institution is achieved. Incorporated engineers possess an accredited university degree, BTEC/SQA award or an apprenticeship leading to an NVQ/SVQ at Level 4. All routes are followed by periods of appropriate training and relevant experience.
Quality Control & Planning Engineering Courses
- BEng (Hons) Automotive Engineering Level 6 Bachelors Degree
- BEng (Hons) Manufacturing Engineering Level 6 Bachelors Degree
- Design, Surveying and Planning for Construction Level 3 T-Level
- Engineering, Manufacturing, Processing and Control Level 3 T-Level
- Foundation Degree Manufacturing Engineering Level 5 Foundation Degree
- HNC Diploma Automotive Engineering Level 4 HNC Diploma
- HNC Diploma in General Engineering Level 4 HNC Diploma
- HNC Diploma in Manufacturing Engineering Level 4 HNC Diploma
- Manufacturing Engineer Level 6 Bachelors Degree
- Professional Engineering (Control/Technical Support Engineer) BEng Level 6 Degree apprenticeship