A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we put on your computer if you agree. The cookies we use include “analytical” cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our site works, for example by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. See below for further details.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our site, or use a shopping cart.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our site. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our site and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
About our cookies
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them on our site in the table below:
|YSC||.youtube.com||Advertisement||This cookies is set by Youtube and is used to track the views of embedded videos.||Session|
|VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE||.youtube.com||Advertisement||This cookie is set by Youtube. Used to track the information of the embedded YouTube videos on a website.||5 months 27 days|
|test_cookie||.doubleclick.net||Advertisement||This cookie is set by doubleclick.net. The purpose of the cookie is to determine if the user’s browser supports cookies.||15 minutes|
|IDE||.doubleclick.net||Advertisement||Used by Google DoubleClick and stores information about how the user uses the website and any other advertisement before visiting the website. This is used to present users with ads that are relevant to them according to the user profile.||1 year 24 days|
|_ga||.gbsiot.ac.uk||Analytics||This cookie is installed by Google Analytics. The cookie is used to calculate visitor, session, campaign data and keep track of site usage for the site’s analytics report. The cookies store information anonymously and assign a randomly generated number to identify unique visitors.||2 years|
|_gid||.gbsiot.ac.uk||Analytics||This cookie is installed by Google Analytics. The cookie is used to store information of how visitors use a website and helps in creating an analytics report of how the website is doing. The data collected including the number visitors, the source where they have come from, and the pages visited in an anonymous form.||1 day|
|CONSENT||.youtube.com||Other||No description available.||16 years 5 months 23 days 14 hours 10 minutes|
|yt-remote-device-id||youtube.com||Other||No description available.||Never|
|yt-remote-connected-devices||youtube.com||Other||No description available.||Never|
|_gat||.gbsiot.ac.uk||Performance||This cookies is installed by Google Universal Analytics to throttle the request rate to limit the colllection of data on high traffic sites.||1 minute|
|gbsiot_cookies_accepted||.gbsiot.ac.uk||Functionality||This cookie is used to tell us if you have hidden the ‘cookie notfication’ on our site||90 days|
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us.
We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing subscriber, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new subscriber, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you.
We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources.
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
How do I change my cookie settings?
If you are concerned about cookies you can change the settings on your computer to refuse them.