Jobholders in this unit group plan, organise, co-ordinate and direct the effective measurement monitoring and reporting on the qualitative and regulatory aspects of a specified tangible (industrial production) or non-tangible (service provision) output.
Common tasks in this job:
- develops and implements visual, physical, functional or other appropriate measures and tests of quality
- analyses and reports upon the results of quality control tests to ensure that production remains within specification
- considers the impact of legislation upon specification requirements
- examines current operating procedures to determine how quality may be improved
- examines operating procedures to ensure the process and the product meet regulatory standards and implements changes necessary to ensure compliance.
What qualifications do I need?
Entry normally requires a degree or equivalent qualification with relevant experience. Off- and on-the-job training is available. NVQs/SVQs that encompass quality assurance elements are available up to Level 4.
Quality Assurance Courses
- BEng (Hons) Electronic Engineering Level 6 Bachelors Degree